The official disclaimer for the Yuppi Mom Diaries Blog

"Never before have so many had so much to say to so few people."

-Anon. about blogging

Yup, that about sums it up.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

What a Weekend

Living on Wisteria Lane is no easy feat, let me tell you. There's never a moment's rest! And the neighbors! Well, lets just say they like the vino if you know what I mean.The builders hosted a happy hour event last Friday. Each model home was open and had appetizers and drinks. We were all having a good time and behaving like adults in the 'burbs are supposed to.And THEN....Someone goes and steals the Malibu. From then on it was game on.We invited everyone back to our house. The kids were upstairs sleeping, and we had nothing else to do that night. Apparently no one else had any plans either, because pretty soon our kitchen was full.
Then the blender got put into service.And the kid's toys came out. Yes, even the kid's toys weren't immune to taking part in the drinking games going on at the kitchen table.Before long it was midnight and I suddenly realized that I needed to get up early the next morning. And run a 5k! Oh no! So I snuck off to bed, leaving Mark downstairs to entertain the neighbors.

No comments: