The official disclaimer for the Yuppi Mom Diaries Blog

"Never before have so many had so much to say to so few people."

-Anon. about blogging

Yup, that about sums it up.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Something ugly this way comes

When we were in New York City I was shocked to see the ugliest fashion statement since enormous shoulder pads. Skinny Jeans and flat, knee-high boots. Of course I couldn't find any pictures of this horrible pairing online, so you may have to use your imagination to re-create just how bad this combo really is.

First, the skinny jean.

On their own, the skinny jean are not the worst thing you could wear. A cute pair of heels, flip flops... there are some passable ways to wear these 1980 era flashbacks.
And then flat boots. Perfect if you're mucking out the horse stables. Or shoveling the driveway. But fashionable? No! There's so much to hate here: the flat heel, the rounded toe, the totally bland appearance, there's just soo much to hate here. Not to mention that the above pair retails for $899. Seriously???

Here is what the style is supposed to look like.

Obviously, not everyone can afford to dress in Jean Paul Gaultier. Nor would anyone want to. Can you imagine walking down the street or going in to work dressed like you just finished riding your horse? "Ah, yes, muffy, that was a dashing steeple chase, wasn't it? Jolly good!"

But back to my original gripe. Skinny jeans and flat, ugly boots. Disaster. How can you imagine that you look good in this? Or worse yet, flat boots with leggings. Now not only is your butt hanging out but you have totally unflattering footwear as well. I tried to snap a picture of this chick off the street but it is a bit fuzzy. But I think you can get the idea. Not hot.
Ponder how much this fashion sucks. In the meantime I'll keep looking for pictures. But I have the feeling that long before I finally find a picture we'll be wearing the style here. Afterall, we're only two years or so behind NYC high fashion.

No comments: