We received an e-mail at work today, and I'm still scratching my head.
Hi All
President Obama”s signed a stimulus package which included a “Making Work Pay” provision. Your current check (March 13) has included this change which is in effect for the remainder of 2009 & 2010. That means a change in your direct deposit amounts.
Any question?
Thanks
June
As far as I understand it, Obama is going to make the Federal Government pay me $16 a week for keeping a job. Every two weeks the federal and state government (along with medicare and OASDI) take a total of $373.25 from my paycheck. So really they're just letting me keep $32 of what I earned.
At the same time, if I were to quit my job and take unemployment from the government, they would pay me $300 per week.
$16 a week to work, or $300 to sit home and watch Jerry Springer. I think the federal government has the incentive backwards here.
Thai Chicken Zucchini Noodles
-
There's a lot of back story for this recipe. Let's start with the fact that
I joined Weight Watchers this week. There was a deal through work and I
deci...
10 years ago
4 comments:
Honey, if you quit your job you wouldn't qualify for UIB. But don't let me get in the way of your point.
Actually, you CAN get unemployment when you willfully quit your job. Because we're New York State and we are such a screwed up place. Trust me, when I worked at Adecco I had to file the paperwork all the time. We payed unemployment to scumbags that worked two days and walked off a job.
Well, I guess it's a plan, if you're really earning less than the UIB now.
At least you'd get to spend all day with Jacob, right?
Heck yeah- and Jerry Springer! (is he even still on??)
Post a Comment