The official disclaimer for the Yuppi Mom Diaries Blog

"Never before have so many had so much to say to so few people."

-Anon. about blogging

Yup, that about sums it up.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Our house SOLD!

After about 2 months on the market, our house sold! Which is great, I'm excited... really... Except for the fact that we have nowhere to go. We need to be out at the end of May, and we have no accepted purchase offer on a house for us to move into! But I looked into my options, and this is where you can find me after May 29th: Yup, a cardboard box. Fashionable, right? Best of all, I'll be in the BEST neighborhood in town. At least until the police come and tell me to move along...

But I'm excited. The cardboard box is SO versitile! With just a little duck tape, a plain old box can be a tent!

Just look how happy this family is. Jacob and I will be very happy in a little tent. Where would Mark be, you ask? Do you honestly THINK I would allow the man who made me homeless share my cozy little cardboard box?
And look, I've chosen a place where Jacob and I will have plenty of neighbors.Our neighbors are a very cultured bunch. Here a few are playing chess.

And there will be plenty of time to relax and read (because I imagine I will be unemployed by that point as well. But that's a topic for a different day and a different blog).No box on the street looks the same. Not like one of those lame developements where your house looks like every other one on the street. Check out these people, they got all decked out with Christmas lights!

Yup, I think we'll be pretty happy in our cozy little box.

And if that fails, check out this guy who used a cardboard box and turned it into a sleeping bag and pillow!

Oh, but I do have a request. If anyone happens to buy a new refrigerator or other large box, could I borrow it for a bit? Your kids don't need it to make a fort or space ship or other frivilous kiddy thing out of. I need a home!

1 comment:

Janna said...

I'll start saving up boxes now, T. We might even have an old tarp you can use as flooring!



(better watch out: the word verification for this comment is "comies" which is just one letter away from commies. We'll recruit you one way or another. ;))