As I mentioned in a previous post, this election has brought out the best and worst in people. There has definitely been more good than bad, and something that happened today definitely tipped the scales far in that direction.
Last week I participated in the Chamber of Commerce's "Meet the Candidates Night." It was something I dreaded for the entire week leading up to it. Last year I stood in the place of the Senator in a similar debate. It went terribly. I was deathly ill for two weeks afterward because I had worked myself up so much about it. After that, you can imagine that I wasn't very excited to particpate in this debate. Especially when it was aired live on tv!
Last time I had too much time to stress out about it. This time I barely had time to prepare my answers to the pre-scripted questions. Jacob was sick all week, I was sick all week, and I barely made the debate on time!
But it must not have gone too bad. The next day on the Messenger's website I got 16 votes from people who thought I made the best impression on them. Really??
And then today I received a letter from a woman who said she watched the debate on tv and wanted to support my campaign. I am absolutely blown away. While the generous contribution she made is definitely nice, I am amazed that she would take the time to write me a letter. I could not be more grateful for her kind words.
The kindness of strangers has been overwhelming in the past few months.
And that is definitely something good.
Thai Chicken Zucchini Noodles
-
There's a lot of back story for this recipe. Let's start with the fact that
I joined Weight Watchers this week. There was a deal through work and I
deci...
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment