
I think the story of St. Patrick's Day goes something like this... There were a lot of snakes in Ireland, and this guy Patrick chased them all out. So he was made a saint. And the Irish celebrated by wearing green, marching in 3-hour long parades, and getting drunk.
At least that's how I understand the story to go.

And still today we celebrate St. Patrick by throwing parades on 35-degree days (when it rains, no less!) so men can drink beer disguised in coffee cups.

In addition to the parade, which I actually watched (apparently that
wasn't the point of going to the parade), we went to Assemblyman Kolb's Leprechaun Ball in the evening. Big change of scene, definitely a change of clothing, but not so much difference in the aim of the evening. There was an open bar.

And then we met up with the neighbors from the parade later in the evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment