The official disclaimer for the Yuppi Mom Diaries Blog

"Never before have so many had so much to say to so few people."

-Anon. about blogging

Yup, that about sums it up.

Friday, February 17, 2012

Valentine's Day/Birthday

As my husband likes to say, my birthday/Valentine's day is always an ATAT weekend (All Taryn All the Time). I like to think he's right. I mean, I get royally robbed by Valentine's day being so darned close to my birthday.
This year I got spoiled (well, actually that's every year) with a quiet dinner out, dinner with the family, and a gorgeous bouquet of red roses. And there was definitely chocolate in there too.
But the best gift? A beautiful poem and handprints from my two little valentines. With lots of assistance from their sweet daddy, of course.


By the time February 14th actually arrived, it was a little less romantic. I caught strep throat from the neighbors. J got overly upset missing his sitter and threw up dinner all over his bedroom floor. In three places. K ate my chocolate.

But I was surrounded by my family and the loves of my life. And I wouldn't have it any other way. (ok, maybe I wouldn't be picking bits of blueberries out of the carpet, but everything else was pretty super.)

No comments: