The official disclaimer for the Yuppi Mom Diaries Blog

"Never before have so many had so much to say to so few people."

-Anon. about blogging

Yup, that about sums it up.

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Pink Fly Ladies Invitational Golf Tournament

I'm a pretty poor golfer.

But I am an excellent "ride around in a golf cart and eat and drink all day"-er.  And if you throw in "decorate said golf cart and make the entire outing a theme," well, then I'm pretty much a pro.

The Pink Fly Ladies Tournament was held last weekend at Victor Hills to benefit the breast cancer program at Thompson Health.  There were prizes for decorating the golf carts, so we went West... Wild, Wild West.  Or, er, breast.
 The entire day was a blast.  From the time we tee'd off (with mimosas), to lunch at the turn (and blue whale cocktails on the back 9), the ladies I played with were a blast. 

Our costumes didn't last long.  It was HOT so we lost our arms (seriously, who bring scissors on a golf course?  Amy, that's who).  And collars.  Luckily it was a pretty laid back course and tournament and they weren't sticklers on that kind of thing.
 There were jello shots.  Lots, and lots of jello shots.
 They may have improved my game.  Or not.
We had a lot of laughs.  And we benefited a great cause.

And I just may be starting to understand my husband's fascination with golf.  Looks like he's going to have some competition for those summer weekends...

No comments: