The official disclaimer for the Yuppi Mom Diaries Blog

"Never before have so many had so much to say to so few people."

-Anon. about blogging

Yup, that about sums it up.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Lobby day

Some women (and men) hate traveling on business because it keeps them away from their families.  While I can understand the stress it causes, having a room to yourself for 24 hours can also be one of the most refreshing things you can do for yourself.

I travel on business about 2-3 times a year.  Sometimes for work, sometimes for one of the organizations I volunteer with.  This trip was a 1-night trip to Albany for Lobby Day.

While my husband was home stressing about what to do with the kids on a snow day, I had this big beautiful room.  To myself.


And this view.
After an evening meeting I went straight to sleep.  At 8pm.  

I slept until 7:30 the next morning.

No one crawled into bed and kicked me in the back.  No one needed to be tucked in.  No one made a sound all night long.
The next day was long with meetings with legislators, but it was still nice to be working outside of the office.
And there's something I love about the terrible Rockafeller-era arcitecture.  It makes me feel like I'm on a SUNY campus.
 
 

No comments: