The official disclaimer for the Yuppi Mom Diaries Blog

"Never before have so many had so much to say to so few people."

-Anon. about blogging

Yup, that about sums it up.

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Life- November 2014

Before I begin, let me please be straight with you.  I am not complaining.  Nothing that follows is a complaint in any way.  Life is good.  Great.  It's just been... crazy.

Lets back up a few months to the mid-life crisis.  Or at least that's what I was calling it.  I'm not midlife (at least I hope I'll live past 70!) but I've jokingly named it that.  I don't have any other reason for joining a women's soccer league after not playing since 10th grade (that's 19 years!!) or deciding to have boudoir pictures taken.  Let's leave that for another day and another post.

Anyway... things were going along just fine.  Getting my butt kicked by a bunch of 20-somethings in an indoor soccer league, absolutely loving the fun ages that the kids are right now, and just overall content with life.

Then two weeks ago I was laid off.  My office closed completely.  And suddenly I'm going to be unemployed from an organization I loved and had intended to spend my entire career with. 

I was shocked.  And it's been stressful.  But it's also been crazy busy and I don't think I've ever had my days and nights packed so full in my life.

Here's a shot of last week's agenda:

Dentist appointment, Boy Scouts, Halloween, volunteering at school, 3 meetings for the 1/2 marathon I'm planning, field trip, 2 interviews, work at the 2nd (or is it 3rd?) job, board meetings, and volunteering with a political campaign.

Not to mention a to-do list a mile long.

Again... I'm not complaining.  I've been blessed to have several interviews and even offers in the last two weeks.  Being able to volunteer in the kids classrooms has been a great opportunity.  I'm so excited about launching a new race in town. 

So I'm not complaining.  But I do ask for a bit of slack.  I apologize for missing a meeting.  I didn't get the kids to a scheduled play date on time.  The meeting minutes were sent out late. 

That's not usually my M.O.  But the past few weeks have been far from usual.  I'll get back to "normal" soon enough.

No comments: