I picked up a few shirts at the Salvation Army to experiment with. I loved this blue shirt from the Gap- $5!
You can find the templates online so I won't post all of those pictures, but here are some things to consider that you likely won't be warned about:
1- Quality-made shirts are harder to use. All of that double stitching makes it harder to take apart the seams and then re-sew them.
2- Men's shirts have the buttons on the "wrong" side. When you're used to putting on a women's shirt, trying to get the buttons on with the other hand can be tricky!
3- Boob puckering. Unless you're flat chested, the buttons will separate at the wrong point. Women's shirts are designed to have buttons in the right places to prevent the shirt from opening at the center. Men don't need to worry about that. Their buttons are spaced farther apart! I actually placed a safety pin between two of the buttons on this shirt because it kept separating!
All minor considerations, because the end result can be really cute! K wanted to be in the picture with her new dress too. Pictures of her sweater dress project are HERE.


No comments:
Post a Comment