The official disclaimer for the Yuppi Mom Diaries Blog

"Never before have so many had so much to say to so few people."

-Anon. about blogging

Yup, that about sums it up.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

What I wore to Work- Almost Valentine's Day

I found this BEAUTIFUL fabric at JoAnn's a few weeks ago- and on the clearance racks!  With their extra 50% off it was under $5 a yard.  Score!  I knew it needed to be a skirt.  A big, fluffy, princess skirt.
But you can't exactly wear a princess skirt to work.  So I wore my edgiest heels and leather blazer.
 
 
Off to work I went, thinking my grandmother (who always had more adventurous taste in fashion that my mother) would be proud.
 After work I went to an event for PWFL (Professional Women of the Finger Lakes).  It was a Wine & Chocolate themed membership drive for Valentine's day, making the red skirt perfect!

And then... I saw pictures from the event. Yikes.
The skirt isn't flattering.  At all.  Nor is the leather jacket.  In fact, it makes my broad shoulders look even more like a linebacker.  And those pounds here and there that I added on over the last year?  Yeah, it shows.  Yuck. 

Back to the drawing board.
 

No comments: