The unkempt and frazzled mom diaries?
The titles certainly fit better than "yuppi."
This morning we went to breakfast. The only reason I was able to take a shower first is because of the extra hour daylight's savings time afforded us. Before leaving the house with Jacob's freshly packed diaper bag I was able to get a quick swipe of mascara on my lashes before we hurried out the door.
Not feeling too bad, I thought I had managed to get Jacob and myself out of the house in reasonably good time and dress until I found myself seated across from this:

Ok, maybe not Posh Spice herself, but a damn good clone. The clone had immaculate nails. Not a glimer of an un-died root peeking through her perfectly died and cut hair. And she had a full face of make-up. All at 8:30 in the morning and all with a toddler and a newborn in tow.
How did she manage to get herself out of the house with children and look like such a... well... YUPPI? I why is it that I can't manage better than a once-over with a mascara wand and a spit-up covered sweatshirt?
So perhaps I am not the YUPPI mom I hoped to be. So what will it be, The haggard mom diaries???
No comments:
Post a Comment