The official disclaimer for the Yuppi Mom Diaries Blog

"Never before have so many had so much to say to so few people."

-Anon. about blogging

Yup, that about sums it up.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day has never been my favorite holiday. Ok, that's an understatement. I used to wear black and pass out valentines that had rude poems on them. But I'm not so anti-Valentine's Day any more. We aren't he kind of people who go away for the weekend or get a couple's massage. In fact, I don't think we've ever gone out to dinner on Valentine's Day.

With a baby things are even more unconventional. We planned on going out to breakfast this morning, but Jacob fell asleep on the way.

We didn't want to wake him up (it is DEFINTELY a smart idea to let sleeping baby lie!) so we went through the Dunkin Doughnuts drive through. Ah, romance!Jacob woke up just as we pulled into the mall parking lot. We threw some pennies into the fountains, got a pretzel, and did some shopping.

In the evening while other couples were dressing up to go out to a romantic dinner, we went to my parent's house for pizza and wings. And cupcakes for my birthday!

Not so romantic (at least not in the traditional sense) but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I hope you were able to spend the day with those YOU love today!

No comments: