From this week's Heloise column:
"Dear Heloise: Do NOT use surgical gloves to mix a salad. There is a large segment of the population that is allergic to the latex in these gloves, which can lead to life-threatening reactions. If you decide to use gloves, be sure they are vinyl or plastic. Most people will not react to these."
Phew! That was a close one! You wouldn't believe the number of times I've gone to the store and purchased lettuce and latex gloves. I mean, they're practically right next to each other in Wegman's. And who DOESN'T use latex gloves to mix a salad? Those darn giant fork & spoon things are just too expensive. Latex gloves are much more economical, right?
Thanks, Heloise. What would I ever do without you?
Thai Chicken Zucchini Noodles
-
There's a lot of back story for this recipe. Let's start with the fact that
I joined Weight Watchers this week. There was a deal through work and I
deci...
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment