The official disclaimer for the Yuppi Mom Diaries Blog

"Never before have so many had so much to say to so few people."

-Anon. about blogging

Yup, that about sums it up.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The damned Christmas Tree

Yes, I'm cursing that beautiful, symbolic evergreen. Because the day we brought it home, I lost my new smartphone!

The day started out somewhat ominously. K was still running a high fever and had been since mid-week. But my offers to stay home with her were brushed off. We were doing this as a family or we weren't doing it at all!So we bundled up the kids and headed out to Middlesex to Frantz's Tree Farm.

It was unusually warm and snow-free (if you consider 30-degrees and windy toasty!) The hilltop was fairly baren due to our late selection day.
We took some pictures as we looked for the perfect tree (and I'm pretty sure as I pulled my camera out my phone went with it).

We finally picked a tree and headed back to the car. K was crying and ready to go home. I realized that my phone was gone. I've only had it a month. Now I was crying.After a fruitless search, and much help from my mom & dad, we headed home with a freshly cut tree and no phone.
I pleaded with Verizon to use their GPS technology.

I bid on other smartphones on ebay.

I grew really angry at my own stupidity for not noticing when my phone fell out.

But in the end I've come to realize that it's a blessing in disguise.

Going back to a "dumb" phone means no more answering work e-mails at 10 o'clock at night. No more looking up calorie counts on dishes when we're out to eat. No more Angry Birds.

It also means a lot less distraction when I'm home with the kids. And that's a good thing.

So I stopped blaming the tree for my misfortune. That was, at least, until it took a nosedive, breaking the ornaments I've collected over the years and looking like this:

No comments: