When I was a kid I loved camping. We went at least twice a year with my Girl Scout troop and once a year with the whole extended family. Camping in the middle of winter? Sure. Latrines? No problem. The most rustic the surroundings the better.
But as an adult... I'm just not that into it. It's not that I'm a snob who prefers 5 star resorts and room service. Far from it. But 90 degree days in a tent with no shade? Dirty bathrooms with a toddler that is starting to potty train? I guess I'm getting high maintenance in my old age.
There were some great moments though. And the kids love it. We hiked the Watkins Glen gorge and swam in the giant pool.
The kids are old enough to entertain each other. At least for a little while.
And who can complain when the night ends with s'mores?
Or watermelon?
Sure, there was hard work.
But we also had a lot of relaxing time sitting around the fire. Our entertainment for the weekend was watching the other campers tromp through our campsite towards the bathhouse- completely oblivious to the fact that they were walking right on top of our tents.
And we got a kick out of watching ALL OF THIS get packed back into J & B's SUV. Tent, stoves, bikes, giant tubs... it all fit back in again.
And I'm sure we'll do it again next year. In a year the memories of sleepless nights and drunken bachelor party boys playing Can Jam at 3am fade, and we're left with breathtaking pictures like this one taken from the suspension bridge.
Thai Chicken Zucchini Noodles
-
There's a lot of back story for this recipe. Let's start with the fact that
I joined Weight Watchers this week. There was a deal through work and I
deci...
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment