The official disclaimer for the Yuppi Mom Diaries Blog

"Never before have so many had so much to say to so few people."

-Anon. about blogging

Yup, that about sums it up.

Sunday, July 22, 2012

July Book Club

I'm pretty sure that the book clubs most women belong to are different from ours.  They probably actually talk about the book they are meeting to discuss.  And there is probably less wine involved.  Probably.

This was the 3rd book club meeting since June and it was my turn to host.  First things first:  drinks.  This was very sloppy looking, but delicious.  Marshmallow vodka + Creme de Coco + chocolate and graham crackers on the rim= S'morestini.  Delicious.  Add a birthday caketini, red and white sangrias, bottles of wine and cosmos, and we had enough to see us through the lengthy character and plot discussions to follow.

Going along with our "Fifty Shades" theme, Megan made wine charms.  Here is Charlie Tango:
Next up, food.  Guacamole, cheese toasts, naan pizza & salsas. The girls arrived at 7.  Most I only met a few weeks ago at the first book club.  Everyone else went to school together and have been friends since then.  They are all a riot- although I'm glad I didn't know them in High School.  I would have gotten in a LOT of trouble hanging out with this crowd!
 Like the last two parties... I mean meetings... we had a ton of laughs.  
Then suddenly... the boys came home.  I love the expressions here.  Mark is walking into a shit show and he knows it.  Luckily the girls were willing to forgive the intrusion and the men joined the spirited discussion.
 All in all, another night full of laughter and great memories.  And discussion of the book.  Maybe.


No comments: