The official disclaimer for the Yuppi Mom Diaries Blog

"Never before have so many had so much to say to so few people."

-Anon. about blogging

Yup, that about sums it up.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Summer Clothes Guys Think Are Sexy... according to Cosmo

Oh, Cosmo.  Your "bedroom tips and tricks" and "most flattering jeans for every body type!" articles are a never ending source of amusement for me.  Clearly your audience is 18-25 year old single women, but so often you prove that the fluff that fills your magazine's pages are written by the same demographic.

I haven't purchased a Cosmo in years.  But once in a while their "articles" show up on my Yahoo newsfeed.  This article about what men really like in summer clothing had me cracking up. 


Mini Skirts
"Seeing some leg is super-sexy—plus tight mini skirts accentuate a girl's butt, which is always a good thing."
— Nathan H.

Well no shit, Cosmo.  Was it really hard to find some dude off the street to include this in your must-have list?

"I like how wedges and heels elongate a woman's legs and highlight the muscles that you wouldn't normally see if she was wearing flats. To me, that's so sexy."
— Nick H. 

I don't have a problem with "wedges and heels" in general, just wedges.  I'm pretty sure that if I ever asked my husband to "grab my pair of tropical print wedges out of the closet" he would have no idea what I was talking about.

"I'm a big fan of short shorts with heels. When a girl can make something basic like short shorts, heels, and a tank top look sexy and sophisticated, there's really nothing better."
— Nick R. 
Shorts & Heels?  Really? 

It is at this point that I'm pretty sure the 18-year-old intern at Cosmo is making this shit up.

"When a women wears flats more so than heels, it shows they're not completely beauty obsessed and are comfortable with themselves. Plus, it's always nice when you can actually get a gauge on their height—in heels that's impossible."
— Teke W. 

Yup.  She's totally making it up.  Or they found a midget on the street who really does prefer flats.


Rompers
"I like when girls don't try too hard to look good; to me, rompers look simple but are still cute."
— Anthony C. 

See "Wedges and Heels."  I can picture my husband now asking "what the f&#$ is a romper?"

Sweats

"Any girl can show a lot of skin or wear tight clothes. I love when she can make sweats sexy."
— Dave M. 

Again, I call bullshit.  There is more eye rolling in my house in the winter months when I come home from work and immediately change into "comfy clothes" than in 90210... the original show AND the new one combined.


No comments: