The official disclaimer for the Yuppi Mom Diaries Blog

"Never before have so many had so much to say to so few people."

-Anon. about blogging

Yup, that about sums it up.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Pinterest Project Pass/Fail: Baseboards

We've been talking about finally getting around to painting our dining room & living room.  Mark surprised me by starting the living room project (including built-in bookshelves!) while I was out of town in October.

Only fair that I start my project shortly after.

I knew I wanted to have white wainscoating along the bottom and a pretty blue on top.  And crown molding and chair rail. 

And when I saw this tip from Pinterest, I loved it instantly:

"Buy half-round and put it a few inches above your existing baseboard, painting the space in between the same color."

I'll tell you why this is brilliant:  If you want a bigger, more formal baseboard, you have to either a. tear out your existing baseboard and replace it, or b. buy expensive baseboard molding with a crevice in it that is designed to fit over your existing baseboard.

 But this idea?  $20 in half round and you've got a very formal-looking baseboard.

I know you can't tell from these pictures.  And I promise to try and get a close-up later.  But trust me when I saw it worked out great!

Verdict:  WIN!

No comments: