The official disclaimer for the Yuppi Mom Diaries Blog

"Never before have so many had so much to say to so few people."

-Anon. about blogging

Yup, that about sums it up.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Sneaky Mommy: Green Spinach Shamrock Shakes

Many mornings after working out I'll make a protein shake instead of eating a bowl of cereal.  Whether it's chocolate banana or banana peanut butter, the color is always the same:  Green. 

My husband is completely disgusted by them.  I have tried to convince him that you can't actually taste the spinach, but he's not buying it.

He may not buy it, but the kids certainly do!  This is what I fed them for "dessert" last night:

INGREDIENTS
2 cups raw spinach
1 cup almond milk (you can use regular milk too, but almond milk is a good alternative for lactose intolerant or calorie conscious people)
1 tsp peppermint extract
3-4 ice cubes

DIRECTIONS
Throw it in a blender and mix it up. 
That's it.  It's green, cold, and tastes like a shamrock shake.  Really.  Honestly.  I swear!
If I'm the only one drinking it I'll throw in a scoop of chocolate protein powder- then it becomes a Thin Mint cookie! 

So what do you think?  Is it acceptable to trick your kids into eating healthy food?

No comments: