I have to be honest. I don't get the current obsession with all things Ombre. Dip dyed Ombre Hair? You look like a Hipster version of Rainbow Bright. Ombre dyed curtains? WAY too much work.
Ombre vases? Sure, I'll give it a try.
I started with some cheap canning jars that I got from Wal-Mart. If you can, you know that real Ball jars are worth their weight in gold. So I didn't want to waste a real Ball jar. But these "made in China" imposters from Wal-Mart didn't work worth a damn for canning. They didn't seal properly and one even exploded in my water bath. So they're perfect for crafting.
For paint I bought a small bottle of paint (also from the craft section of Wal-Mart- clearly I don't learn my lessons quickly). I thought I'd paint one jar, then add a little white to the paint to lighten it up for the next jar. And keep on going like that until I'd done 3-4 jars.
It started well. But the paint didn't dry quickly. At least not in the jars. It dried quickly in my bowls and on my brushes. So I poured the paint directly into the jars and swirled it around to coat.
It coated nice and thick and even. But it's still wet. Two days later.
The overall effect? Cool, I guess. But I'm still not on board with the Ombre Obsession.


No comments:
Post a Comment