Along with winter, we have what we here in Upstate New York like to call "Snow." It's cold and white, and can make driving difficult.
Which brings me to the point of this post. If you are going to live in Western New York, you're going to need to make some changes to your mode of transportation.
Snow and ice can make driving a bit tricky, which is why if you live in Western NY you need to either:1. Buy a 4-wheel drive vehicle
2. Buy snow tires for your non 4-wheel drive vehicle
The 4-wheel drive is preferable, but if you're one of those carbon footprint reduction freaks then snowtires on your car (which resembles a golf cart, by the way) is a must. Yes, I know this may come as a shock to some of you, but that little plastic-bodied foreign car was NOT meant to plow through 4-inches of ice and slush on the roads.
Does the sound of 4-inches intimidate you? Well, I've got news for you there too. 4-inches is no problem. We don't close school. We don't close the roads. And we don't slow down to 5 miles an hour (this again applies to you, foreign golf-cart-looking car driver!) We do drive sensibly, but just because your car can't make it up a 12% grade doesn't mean that the rest of the world wants to sit behind you while you try. 
3 comments:
My car is way cuter than your car, T. Deal with it.
I would get snow tires if my daily commute was longer than 1.5 miles, in the city -- until then, I'll enjoy paying less than you on gas. ;)
(I do miss the AWD I had on my (ahem) foreign car -- a sedan, even. It was great in the snow.)
I wasn't picking on you, Janna! Geez, you're sensative! You have a car, not a rollerskate :)
;) well, it is one of the smallest there...
I do agree that the really small ones - the two-seaters - are weird-looking. I think they're called smart cars?
Post a Comment