It's finally over.
I didn't win (nor did I expect to), but at least I didn't finish DFL.
Since the September Primary I have had no lawn signs, no campaign mailings, and have done no door-t0-door. I participated in one televised debate. And yet, despite my reluctance to campaign against my own party's candidates, I'm still 'persona non grata' within the town and county committees both.
Yes, I continued to run on the Independence Line after losing the Republican Primary. Those individuals endorsed me and deserved my participation until the bitter end.
But it comes down to this. In 10 or 20 years, those committee members may forget. But had I not finished out the race, not upheld my committments, and not done what I felt necessary, I would remember.
Not to mention that I would be a complete hypocrite telling Jacob "no, you can't quit soccer (or playing the tuba, or whatever)."
I know full well there will be hell to pay. I knew that when I decided to continue on and not publically proclaim that I was withdrawing from the race. I know that "Y" has a file on me an inch thick with all my transgressions against the committee in the last two months alone. I know that there are people calling the county chair pressing for my resignation.
And that is all fine with me.
Because in the end, I did what I needed to do. I finished what I started. I upheld the commitments I made way back in June. And I will NOT feel sorry for doing that.
Thai Chicken Zucchini Noodles
-
There's a lot of back story for this recipe. Let's start with the fact that
I joined Weight Watchers this week. There was a deal through work and I
deci...
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment