I'll admit it. I was a full-fledged drama nerd in High School. I even worked on the sets on the weekends. I had the cheesy little drama masks on the side of my class ring. But unfortunately, I had no talent. Which resulted in me choosing to be in the "pit" Senior year instead of in the spring musical. I didn't really have much talent on the bass clarinet either, but they needed one in the pit orchestra so I got to be there.

Anyways, this past weekend was the Canandaigua Academy Players Alumni reunion. Having long ago outgrown awkward teenage angst, I still decided to go. After all, some of my best friends
were talented and they were all going. And there was going to be a party afterward. With wine.
What can I say, I've been pregnant for 9 months and nursing for 2 (so far). I needed a drink.

The morning rehearsal was fun (I stood in the back with Karey in the Baby Bjorn) and we had dinner together in the evening. The show was great, and the party afterwards was... interesting. Most people have outgrown their awkward teenage angst too. And others still think they're High School drama stars.


And we learned why it was good that we were all goodie-two-shoes in High School and never even thought of drinking. Some people are annoying when they're drinking. Annoying, but entertaining as hell.

It was a good time, and dorky or not, I'll be there in another 20 years for the next reunion.
No comments:
Post a Comment