The official disclaimer for the Yuppi Mom Diaries Blog

"Never before have so many had so much to say to so few people."

-Anon. about blogging

Yup, that about sums it up.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Kitchen remodel- check!

I suppose I can't really call it a "remodel," not when the kitchen is less than a year old. Kitchen upgrade? Kitchen decorating? Whatever it is, we've officially checked this item off our list.I painted in February while I was still home on maternity leave. The green is taking a while to get used to, but it's definitely better than white walls.Tiling the backsplash was the next step, and we totally cheated. Did you know they sell double-sided tape to hang tile? SO much easier than using that white glue stuff! And the tiles come on a 12x12 mesh sheet. So there's no lining up every single tile.
And since the tiles were natural and not exactly square, it was pretty forgiving when lining up the rest of the tiles.
Of course we had help from Jacob, who loves to do "hard work."
A little trim around the edges, some grout to hold it all together, and we're done!

No comments: