The official disclaimer for the Yuppi Mom Diaries Blog

"Never before have so many had so much to say to so few people."

-Anon. about blogging

Yup, that about sums it up.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Ding Dong Ditch- Yuppie style

There are parts of this country where kids approach a house, ring the doorbell, and run. And even some parts of the country where kids do this and leave behind a flaming bag of poop on the doorstep.

Not in Yuppie-ville.This time of year they call it "Boo'ing" and it entails leaving behind a bag or box of candy and assorted Halloween trinkets and stickers.

We got "boo'ed" last week. The kids were quick too- long gone before I answered the door and found a green pumpkin filled with treats. So by the official rules of Boo (and there are very strict rules that are attached to your gift!) we had to Boo two more people the following night.

Being the good mom that I am, I took J out to show him how it's done.

"All right, quiet... sneak up to the door... Ok, set down the candy, ring the doorbell and.... RUN!!!!"

No comments: