The official disclaimer for the Yuppi Mom Diaries Blog

"Never before have so many had so much to say to so few people."

-Anon. about blogging

Yup, that about sums it up.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Vacation Time

Christmas Eve. We're all smiling. We're about to enjoy a full week off from work (yes, both of us!!).
But sometimes (usually) things don't go according to plan.

The vacation policy at the Girl Scouts was very generous- I just never took advantage of it. In the past year I never took a full week of vacation. A few days here and there, but nothing that even came close to exhausting the 20-some days earned each year and the 30+ I had saved up from previous years.

In appreciation for all the days I didn't take, I was rewarded upon leaving the Girl Scouts by losing half of my time. Awesome.

Since I'm a new hire with my new job, I also have no paid time off yet.

Which means that this week that I'm home is unpaid despite the fact that as of September I had over 45 days.

I have spent the last two days cleaning up puke-filled bedding and nasty diapers.

Moral of the story- use your vacation. When you're healthy. And your family is too.

No comments: