
I'm not a big Thanksgiving Dinner person. Actually, in spite of the amazing spread my husband put on this year (yup, he's the genius cook in the house!) I didn't eat a single bite of it. I'm not a fan of turkey. Or stuffing. Or mashed potatoes.
I ate a waffle.
But that's beside the point.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. My brother and his girlfriend came to our house to join us again this year. The Windheim side of the family joined us. And even the kids sitter (who is like a member of the family too!)
Before the sleep-inducing dinner I ran in the Turkey Trot in town. And I came in first of all the women. And about 5th or 6th of all the men. Apparently everyone else was hungover because that NEVER happens in a "real" race that is timed, certified, and has a cash prize. Go figure.

And I'm bragging about it now because it will never happen again!
Our Thanksgiving was a 2-day event, spanning into the day after when we got together with the cousins and ordered a pizza.

Now it's on to the Christmas season when we'll have even more family gatherings, parties, and events. And we'll love every minute of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment