I can't remember the last time I was up past midnight (of my own free will, not taking care of a sick child).
But we up well past midnight on Saturday, starting out at Eddie O'Briens in a half-assed attempt to avoid 'the husbands.' The other girls had decided that since their husbands had gone out for the night, they would too. They just didn't want to get caught doing it.
The plan quickly failed, and we were spotted walking past Wally's. The boys followed us to Rocky's. They were not pleased.So we went to Canandaigua's very own dance club Freedom Station. I had never been, and I don't think my life would have been missing much had I not had that experience Saturday night.
When we arrived we had to pay a $5 cover charge. Expected. We were also asked to leave our purses at the coat check. Not expected. And not really all right. But we agreed.
We were the only women over 30 in the place. And we stuck out like a sore thumb. And then the bouncer asked one of our group to remove her vest.
That was enough for us, and we left. 5 dollars poorer, but richer in the knowledge that we will never return there again!
From there it was on to the Niagara. We ended the night at the Farmer's Inn, which was surprisingly not as scary as its reputation.
I went home that night thankful to my husband who stayed home with the kids to allow me a night out. And still shaking my head in wonder over our experience at the dance club.
No comments:
Post a Comment