I'm not going to lie. I think strippers are kind of dirty. And I honestly don't get the attraction. But I went to a burlesque lesson with a bunch of friends and we had fun. A LOT of fun.

I almost hesitate to post the pictures here. I worry that people will misinterpret what we were doing. We weren't trying to act seductive. Or learn moves to take home to our husbands. We were nine girls having a fun night out on the town, doing things in a safe environment we'd never dream of doing in front of people we actually knew. And we had FUN.

It was also one hell of an upper-body workout. Imagine doing a pull-up on a vertical bar- and then holding the position- while the room spins around you crazy fast.
The pole dance lesson wasn't originally part of the plan for the night. We were signed up for burlesque dancing. But that was only half of our lesson.

After some burlesque chair dancing we moved onto the pole. Our instructor was crazy talented. And strong! Check out this chick's biceps!

I don't think any of us have a future second career on the pole. But we did have a lot of laughs.
No comments:
Post a Comment