Mark and I split the kids this morning- J had "boy's morning" while I took K to a tea hosted by PWFL. (Boy's morning consists of pancakes for breakfast, shopping at Lowes, and then a Shamrock shake).

K & I went to the Granger Homestead for the tea. We wore our new fascinators (courtesy of e-bay) and had the task of greeting the guests and inviting them to try on a hat.
Then it was time for tea. To be honest, despite my English heritage I'm not a big fan of tea food. Or at least not the American version that includes impossibly small sandwiches and chicken salad (I'm totally a scone with jelly & cream girl).

K liked the sandwiches, but especially the cupcakes.

She wasn't as interested in listening to the girls recite their essays on Alice Paul. No, she couldn't be like Ellie May, the sweet little girl next to her who sat quietly through the entire program- reading her program, no less!

No, little-miss- cowgirl-boots took off running up the stairs and into the dining room to find more cupcakes.

A girl after my own heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment