The official disclaimer for the Yuppi Mom Diaries Blog

"Never before have so many had so much to say to so few people."

-Anon. about blogging

Yup, that about sums it up.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Worst First Date Ever

Just over 9 years ago, Mark and I went on our first date. We started with a fancy dinner, followed with drinks, and met again the following day. We've been together ever since.So it's probably understandable why I expect everyone else to have a great first date, fall in love, and get married. I know it's unrealistic. I do. But regardless that doesn't stop me from setting up people on dates and encouraging matches- no matter how mismatched they are.

Names and faces have been removed for the purpose of protecting their identity. Even though I imagine they'd both get a good laugh out of it being replayed here. Maybe.

Anyway... recently Mark & I worked as a team to set up a couple. It was perfect. They had already met and hit it off. They liked each other. They found each other attractive. They had a lot in common. Single. Divorced. Successful. Parents.

Mark had previously lost a bet to the guy and owed him dinner. So we made it a double date. He sprung for a limo to take us up to dinner. And we invited a few other couples too. It was a great time.

Except for the first date. Disaster. Complete and utter disaster.From the beginning he barely acknowledged that she was there. They didn't sit next to each other on the ride up to the city. Or at dinner. And along the way we picked up another girl that the guy has a crush on. Awkwardness ensued.

Margaritas were consumed. Four pitchers full.

There was dancing (and we are way too old to be dancing like a bunch of drunken college girls!)

Then the icing on the cake. She puked in the limo on the ride home. She should have puked on him. It would have been only fair.

Worst First Date Ever.

Maybe I'll give my matchmaking skills a rest for a bit.

No comments: