The official disclaimer for the Yuppi Mom Diaries Blog

"Never before have so many had so much to say to so few people."

-Anon. about blogging

Yup, that about sums it up.

Monday, February 4, 2013

Pinterest Project Pass/Fail: Glass Etching

A Pinner said "Glass etching is so easy to do!"

So I bought my stencils.  And my Armour etch.

And I got four great stemless wine glasses from the Dollar Tree.  They were the perfect gift for my in-laws who love the stemless glasses at a new bar in town.

I followed directions and put my stencil on, and I put the etching stuff on nice and thick like the directions said.  And I left it on for 60 seconds, again just like the directions said.

And I got this:

Not a nice, dark, etch like in the pictures.  Just a very vague barely-there letter.

Huh.

Well that wasn't as cool as it should have been.

Since I had four glasses that now had  a very vague, barely there "W" on them, I decided to paint instead.

A paint that looks like crap.

Well, at least they're on wine glasses.  Hopefully they'll be too drunk to notice what a mess they are :)

Verdict:  FAIL.



No comments: