The official disclaimer for the Yuppi Mom Diaries Blog

"Never before have so many had so much to say to so few people."

-Anon. about blogging

Yup, that about sums it up.

Monday, October 29, 2012

Easy Tu-Tu Tutorial

Back up a few weeks and I ran in a 5k supporting Childhood Cancer.  Annalise's Friends 5k was in mid-October and was just about the cutest thing ever.  Most people dressed up as princesses as the race coordinators suggested.

I made pink tutus for a group of friends that ran.  I don't have a picture of us (which is too bad because they were cute!) but I DO have pictures of how I made them.

Forget shelling out $20 for premade made-in-China-crap at JoAnne's, this will cost you half as much and you will have the ability to say "oh, this old thing?  I totally made it."

Step 1:  Buy tulle.  (it's that scratchy stuff that goes under poofy dresses.)  2-3 yards is perfect.

Step 2:  Cut tulle into 2-inch thick strips that are approx. 12-inches long.  I cut mine to 1-inch, definitely too thin.  2-inches would be better.

Step 3:  Cut a piece of elastic to fit around your waist.  Sew the ends together.

Step 4:  Knot the pieces of tulle around the elastic.  Repeat- about 100 times.


So obviously my directions aren't that details or great to follow.  I'm notoroiously bad at following directions, and unfortuantely that means I'm also bad at giving them. 

But you can see the pictures.  Ta-da!  You can make a tu-tu!

No comments: