Last week I went out of town for two days for a conference. While I was gone Mark decided to surprise me by completing a project we've been talking about since we moved in.
Element of surprise: A+
Completion of project: Needs improvement
I was certainly surprised. There's no other feeling quite like coming home after two days away and walking into a house turned upside down. But it's not about the complete chaos or lack of cable & internet. It's the thought that counts. And there was a LOT of thought put into this project.
I love that he took on a project to surprise me. Even though I feel like I need to be involved with everything, clearly my "really fast but kind of sloppy" painting skills are not always what our house needs.
When Mark paints he has such attention to detail that he never gets paint on the ceiling. Or on the carpet. Or on his forehead.
The color he picked out looks great. The cabinets that were supposed to be installed.... we're still working on that part.
In the end two days was not enough to complete the work. But it will be so worth it once it's done!
Thai Chicken Zucchini Noodles
-
There's a lot of back story for this recipe. Let's start with the fact that
I joined Weight Watchers this week. There was a deal through work and I
deci...
10 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment