But I DID manage to compete four costumes before Halloween. Two for me, one for each kid.
K wanted to be a princess (no surprise there). I could have easily had her pick out one of the dozen princess costumes that she already has. But that would be too easy. Those are for play. The princess dress I made for her is for real. ... and I don't seem to have a picture of it. But I swear, it is pure tulle puff-ball magic.
And J, he wanted to be a prince. No wait, a construction worker. No, wait! A fireman!
So before he changed his mind one more time I made him his very own fireman coat. Complete with his name across the back.
He loves it, of course. I'm just not sure the material is going to last through the four or so parties we have scheduled before the actual night of trick-or-treating on the 31st.
And then there's my costumes. Why two? Because one was as close to a "work party" as you can get. Translation: showing any amount of skin is not acceptable.
But Butterick has a great copy of Kate Middleton's Alexander McQueen wedding dress. $40 in costume silk later, I'm in business. Add a $20 tiara from e-bay and my wedding veil, and I'm ready to go.
... and then the party was cancelled.
And THIS party isn't going to be cancelled.






No comments:
Post a Comment