The official disclaimer for the Yuppi Mom Diaries Blog

"Never before have so many had so much to say to so few people."

-Anon. about blogging

Yup, that about sums it up.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Cheerios, GMO's, and a Foul-Mouthed Mommy

So here's the gist of the story I saw today (posted on Pinterest, of course!)  Cheerios recently launched an app where you can share your holiday memories, using the Cheerio's type & logo.  They've quickly regretted it since anti-GMO mommies have hijacked the app to protest General Mill's use of GMO's in their cereal.

Which is fine.  And kind of funny.

But some of the comments struck me as... a bit much?

Here's one example:

Typically despicable of our corporatist criminals.
General Mills is an outlier, but what will really be impressive if the delusional NFL football fan decides to ratchet up the hit on Bob Kraft (owner of Kraft foods) and the New England Patriots. Kraft foods spent millions of dollars try to defeat Proposition 37 in California.
Very simple:
F--- you, Kraft.
F--- you, New England Patriots.
F--- you, Tom Brady.
I know you're only the quarterback, but take a stand man. 


I've edited out the language. I'm not saying I've never cursed before, but I honestly try not to.  Especially in front of my kids.  And if anything, especially not when I'm trying to make a point.

Dropping the F-bomb doesn't make your point better.  Or angrier.  It weakens it because all I can think of is the fact that you can't come up with a more descriptive or creative phrase to express yourself.

This entire post is evidence of that.  In spite of being somewhat of a granola mom who reads labels and tries hard to be healthy for her children, all I can think of is this woman's lack of refinement.  I want to know what her kids are like.

Are they eating a bowl of organic bran flakes with fresh berries... talking to each other about the evil of corporate America and the f---ing 1%?  Do they look down on kids who watch Nickelodeon and play with their f---ing Wii's instead of expressing themselves with watercolor painting? 

And furthermore, why bring Tom Brady into it?  I'm not saying I'm a fan of the guy.  Let's be honest, he's kind of a jerk (especially when he rips on Buffalo, NY about their lack of suitable hotels) and his hair was pretty dumb looking for a while there.

But what the heck does Tom Brady have to do with GMO's?

So I'm bothered all around by this issue.  And I'm not talking about GMO's... but how many crazy mothers there are out there.

No comments: