The official disclaimer for the Yuppi Mom Diaries Blog

"Never before have so many had so much to say to so few people."

-Anon. about blogging

Yup, that about sums it up.

Monday, May 6, 2013

Pinterest Project Pass/Fail: Neon Shoes

This is one of the very first Pinterest projects I tried.  I'm all about shoes.  And I happen to have quite a few pairs that aren't exactly in prime condition any longer, but I can't get myself to toss.  But how easy do these directions sound?

"Buy neon paint, spray shoes.  Viola- new shoes!"


One additional comment suggests using primer first if using dark shoes.  For the black pair, I agreed that this would be a good idea.

So I'm about $8 in spraypaint (who knew neon spraypaint ran over $5?)

The first black pair I tried without primer.  Hot pink apparently is not a good color.  Too much of that stuff hurts your eyes.  My camera can't even capture the color without going blurry.

Then I tried the pink on the toes of a tan pair.  Cute.

Back to the black pair.  Test pair done (and tossed in the trash), it's time for the main event.  These are a favorite pair on Nine West Shoes.  I wore them so much that the little heel stub fell off and I was walking on the nail.  And I kept wearing them for so long that I eventually wore the nail down.  But I LOVE them.  And I had beautiful dreams about them being nicely yellow like this picture here:

What no one tells you is that the spray paint will crack the minute you put the shoes on.  Wherever your shoes bend, the paint will crack right off.  And the primer.  I had yellow shoes with cheeta-looking stripes across my toes.

So I took it a step further and added lace.  The lace hid the cracks and added a touch of awesomeness to the shoes.

Until the glue I used came unstuck (note to self: a glue gun does not work in every situation, no matter what you learned in your sorority days).

So I'll be working on these again, probably with some gorilla glue or something with a little more staying power.

As for the tan/hot pink toe shoes... they've been in my closet since August and haven't been worn once.

Verdict:  Let's call this one mixed.

No comments: