When I told Mark that I was volunteering him to help me at an event last Friday he was not pleased.
"I'm too busy for you to be signing me up for your activities- especially on a Friday night!" he argued.
Or, at least he argued until I told him that his job would be pouring beer for the evening.
We poured for both Starkey (a local brewery from Seneca Lake) and Dundee (one of Genesee's brands) at Ravenwood Golf Course for the Victor Chamber's Food & Brew Fest.
We had a great time. I ate a ton of food. He tried a ton of beer. We are so perfect for each other.
On another note though, I am publicly apologizing to Starkey for the tall tales my husband may have told about your brewery. People may have believed that he was, indeed, the owner. And you may have just put on a $2.4 million addition to your brewery. People may have possibly been told that the difference between "dry hops" and "wet hops" is the amount of Seneca Lake water added to the beer while brewing. And, well, some people may have walked away from the evening believing that Starkey Beer has been served to the President. I can not verify nor deny these claims... but you did have one hell of a volunteer doing a sales pitch for your place.
Oh, and I wore these awesome shoes.
Thai Chicken Zucchini Noodles
-
There's a lot of back story for this recipe. Let's start with the fact that
I joined Weight Watchers this week. There was a deal through work and I
deci...
10 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment