The official disclaimer for the Yuppi Mom Diaries Blog

"Never before have so many had so much to say to so few people."

-Anon. about blogging

Yup, that about sums it up.

Friday, May 17, 2013

Pinterest Project Pass/Fail: Roman Shades

I've had fabric for bathroom curtains for oh, three years now?  I haven't done anything with it because, to be honest, there are no houses behind us and I'm not terribly worried about peeping toms.

But I did find inspiration in these instructions on how to make your own Roman shades.

I know from purchasing them for the kids room that they don't come cheap- even with a 20% off coupon from Bed, Bath & Beyond!

But making Roman shades with a piece of material and cheap Venetian Blinds?  Without sewing?  You had me at cheap.

And they were cheap.  I paid 25 cents for the blinds at the St. Mary's Lawn sale.

From there the directions said to remove all the slats but every 4th or 5th one.

Then glue the fabric to the remaining slats.

There were some other directions about what strings to cut or not cut, but I left all of mine intact.  Less chance of cutting the wrong one.



They worked beautifully!  Then it was my husband's turn... he had to find brackets and hang them up.

... and that was months ago.  So I can show you the finished product yet.

But maybe soon?  I hope?  Please?

No comments: