So this is one of those posts where I eat crow.
Because one of my first posts ever on this blog was to complain about riding boots. My mother and I went to NYC for some Christmas shopping just as the riding boot fad was getting started in the city. As most fashions do, the style slowly crept up from the city to small town Canandaigua.
And I still hated the look.
But after a year or so of seeing pictures on Pinterest and seeing how people around here wear them (with varied success) I finally decided to go buy a pair.
And that's when the trouble begins. Because you can always find a cute version of anything... until you're looking for it. And finding riding boots that were the right height, not made of cheap-looking pleather, and not $100 turned out to be a near-impossible feat.
Then I found Piperlime.com.
At $30 these were still more than I wanted to spend ('cause I'm cheap), they were just what I was looking for. I was leary about buying shoes online, especially a brand I didn't know. But the website has free shipping- both ways- so I clicked the little "buy me" button.
And here is my first attempt at styling them. I was going for this look:
And I got this:
The pictures are pretty bad (note to my mother- you may want to clean that mirror!) but it was a really comfortable outfit. The fleece-lined leggings were perfect for our day at the outlet mall walking around in 15-degree weather.
Denim shirt: Old Navy on e-bay- $6
And the fashionista in training (who prefers tutus and tiaras at the moment... but she'll come around!)
Thai Chicken Zucchini Noodles
-
There's a lot of back story for this recipe. Let's start with the fact that
I joined Weight Watchers this week. There was a deal through work and I
deci...
10 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment